Clementine

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Yes or... Yes?

Back in early January, as I contemplated starting a blog, I began to notice what people titled their own blogs. Some were basic, others catchy, and a lot were meaningful. I wanted this blog's title to be all three, but I'm not the most creative person in the world. So I started waiting for something to catch my ear.


Around the same time I went to a women's event at my Mobile/home church, First Baptist North Mobile where Kathy Litton spoke. (SIDE NOTE: I love Mrs Kathy. She's been a great encouragement to be over the last few months.) She spoke about how the gospel changes lives, and specifically, women's lives. Overall, the Lord pointed several things out to me, but one of the last things she said struck a cord: A gospel changed life is changed step by step, yes by yes.


Think about it. What happens when you tell God no? I think it's safe to say, that we miss out or are soon miserable, at least that is the way it has played out in my life. I can vividly remember resisting something the Lord wanted me to do last spring. When I finally surrendered, a dear pastor pointed out that following Christ in that step, meant He would show me what was next. That the line "A light to my path" out of Psalm 23, really meant enough light to take the next step. How can the Lord show me what He wants for the big steps of my life, if I won't even obey Him in the small steps?

Looking back over the path that I've walked with Jesus, I see a series of "yes"s. Yes to go there, or do that, or give up this, or wait here. God has done great things in my life when I simply answered with a yes. I learned that keeping my "yes" on the table, was a daily and vital part of my Christian walk. Stepping out in faith means answering yes to my Savior, whether I know the layout of the path or not.


So there you have it. This is my story of how God takes me step by step, yes by yes. So in the words of Pastor Ed Litton (another favorite of mine)...

 Is your yes on the table?

2 comments:

  1. Amen Sista! A great truth to live by saying "yes" to the God Who created us. Proud of you Kristin. You are missed in the land. Love to you. Kathy Litton

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an inspiration to me, Kristin. Yes, my yes is on the table. Thank you for being you. Love you, Mary Ellen

    ReplyDelete