Clementine

Saturday, February 19, 2011

My Valentine(s)

I know I'm a few days late, but hey, you're still reading, so I'll keep typing...

Monday was Valentine's Day, and to be completely honest, I kind of forgot. I'm not anti-Valentine's Day or anything, I just really didn't think about it. But I like to hear all the different things people do, from the romantic to the practical (my boss got his wife a mop/vacuum device. She loved it!).  So, most of the day, I just went about my business until the afternoon mail came to the church. Where I found all of these:



Now, if you know me well, you know I love getting things in the mail. It seems like a small thing, but it brings great joy to my life. A envelope with my name hand written on it, with something sentimental inside, really makes my day! Even if its just a few words. So in the mail, I found three different envelopes from my family: Valentines from my siblings and a tear-jerker card from my momma. Also included this little gem that now sits in front of my computer:


I also had received a large envelope from my roommate in Mobile, Jaye, which included this...



Another thing I love: a coozie. I'm not much of a fan of getting wet while I drink a cold coke or water. So I have started keeping a coozie just about anywhere: the car, my purse, my desk, computer bag...anywhere. Jaye has a similar one, which I admired several months ago, and this is my version! I love it, and went to get a coke immediately.

By the end of the work day, I was having a pretty good Valentine's. Then I went home to find a little goodie basket from the Alderman boys!

Sorry no picture of the actual gift! But here are Collyer and Will. Not sure where Conner was.

Which included was a ballon, Reeses hearts, and a tall coffee mug. Made my day. Again made me thankful again for the loving family I'm getting to spend so much time with. 

Another wonderful and timely reminder I received during my V-Day:
"See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are." 1 John 3:1
And there you have it: this single gal's Valentines, and I have to say...might have been my favorite one ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment