Clementine

Monday, February 7, 2011

My 3rd Sunday

8 am- Arrive at church
8:15- set up for Preschool worship
8:30-finish up prep for Parent- Child dedication
8:45-head to Chapel to help see to families
9:20-make mad dash to get extra chairs for reception
9:40-open doors and help families into sanctuary for dedication
9:45- Start crying as I see three families with amazing, beautiful adoption stories dedicate their children back-to-back (17 families total dedicated children)
10 am- head back to reception area to finish set up
10:50-Dismiss children to Sunday School from Kid's Rock Theater.
11 am- head to Parent-Child dedication celebration.
Noon- Fellowship Hall for Pastor's Lunch with 3 pastors and their wives
2 pm- head to the newly redone Alpha Pregnancy Center open house.. A very special ministry in our church that reaches out to thousands of people, as they minister to girls who come for pregnancy tests and/or counseling.
2:30- get home and chat with host family.
3 pm- nap :)
4:15-Arrive back at church, prep for Sunday night activities
5 pm- show a new set of parents preschool/nursery area
5:15- stopped by the boss in hall for a picture
5:30-kids start to arrive
6 pm-begin working on technical difficulties with a laptop and projector
6:40- help corral kids for Kids Rock
7:05- grab 5 kids who are new members to head to the sanctuary.
7:15-presented to Sherwood Baptist Church as a new member along with several others.
7:30- stand in line with other new members as church members come by and welcome us. Had several say "Welcome to the family". Thankfully, all my tears were gone from earlier in the day.
8:15-standing around talking...
8:30- hang out with some new friends and watch... Space Jam (way better than watching 2 teams I don't really care about in the Super Bowl)
11 pm- Home. 

Now, I know that all my Sundays won't look this crazy, and I'm also sure I probably left something out. But nevertheless, it was a long day. However, I can say, it was very much worth it and enjoyable. I love my job, and am so thankful for the Lord giving me such a place to serve Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment