Clementine

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

First Week Insights

-I have an INCREDIBLE, new church family. Very welcoming and so many are bending over backwards to reach out to me.
-I have a new nickname given to me by one of the pastors. It’s Bob.
-I have been called Miss Discipline, and told that I can control kids.
-I, once again, live in a small town. I ran into the same church member on both my off days.
-Mr. Russell, an elderly gentleman that volunteers in our ministry, checks on me and comes to swap hugs with the “new girl”.
-I am a part of a children’s ministry where adults JUMP at the chance to help.
We say, “hey, we are going to set up a rotation.”
A dad says, “I’ll do it every week”.
Wow.
-T-Mobile is not a proper mobile phone service provider for southwest Georgia.
-I’m so thankful the Lord gave us intelligence for technology and Skype.
-I have a picture of George W. Bush and myself in my office. Ordained staff members are jealous.
-I am living with an amazing, loving, giving family (they will get their own post in the coming weeks).
-I have been fed by 5 different families, and many other families are on the calendar for the next month. Groceries may become a thing of the very far off future.
-I, once again, live near military people (there’s a marine base in town). You can spot them a mile away...
-I am Miss Kristin. Fully included with “yes m’am” and “no m’am”. Its not weird sounding anymore.
-I have more ideas and creativity for what I’m doing than I ever thought I would. (thank you Lord!)
-I’m reminded daily that God has place me here for a reason, and He constantly reveals to me how He has prepared me for this time in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment