Clementine

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

My host family

 Let me tell you about a family that is quickly becoming near and dear to my heart: the Aldermans.

My townhouse lease in Mobile is up in July, and until then, Sherwood agreed to help me find a place to live so that I can keep from paying rent twice. The Aldermans opened up their home for me to come and live with them, which has been lots of fun, to say least.

The Aldermans consist of Troy, Carly, and their boys: Will, Connor, and Collyer. Troy is a chiropractor (I'll take one adjustment, please!) and Carly is a stay at home mom, but also helps Troy with his practice. All three of the boys are in the Children’s Ministry at Sherwood, but all in different “facets” I guess you could say. Will is in 5th grade, an all star athlete getting ready to blaze off into the student ministry. Collyer is in our preschool department, and has become my reading buddy at the house. We’ve read LOTS of books (its a good thing I’m a big fan of children’s books). Then, there’s Connor who is eight years old and in our Buddy Ministry.

SIDE NOTE: **The Buddy Ministry is a ministry in our church designed for children with special needs and their families. We have a rotation of volunteers that spend either the worship service or sunday school hour, with a child that has special needs one-on-one. Connor has autism, along with another little boy, and the third little boy has Down Syndrome.

I have loved getting to know this family over the last two weeks. We all have our quirks, but for the most part they don’t seem to mind having me around. I’ve also become very content to spend a night on the weekend just hanging out with them.

The following pictures were taken with my webcam on my computer. Some have some funny effects to them that the boys found entertaining...



Collyer, Me and Connor

Collyer and I...He told me he loved me tonight at dinner...Twice

Double Trouble, all the way around

Collyer, Me and Will




So there you have it, my new little "family".
Love it! (Dr. Troy)

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog!!! :) Please keep posting.. oh and by the way.. yes by yes... thats like the best possible title of a blog for you! I am praying for you and I love you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete