Clementine

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The A-team

Several months ago, when my friend Jaye and I were in the middle of our stint as roommates, she brought up to me the idea of an accountability group. A small group of girls to encourage, pray, and confine in one another. I had this in high school, but never to a great extent. I told her I was on board, and we thought of a couple other girls who were like us in our stage of life, and might want to join us. 

To be honest, I was a little wary of our little group at first. I mean, yea ,we were all pretty good friends, but could I trust them? I mean, REALLY, trust them.  There was only one way to really find out. We started meeting on Wednesday nights after church, sharing prayer requests and praying for one another. Sometimes we laugh (so hard there's snorting), sometimes we cry (mostly that's me), sometimes we shoot straight, asking hard questions, and sometimes we give a knowing look and nod to one another. We even celebrate life victories (big or small) with chocolate mousse! We've prayed for little things, big things, and a couple of life changing things. Thanks to technology, we can text, email, tweet, or call to update/encourage (its safe to say we've done it all). Honestly, I can't imagine how the last few months would have gone had I not had these three women in my life, praying for me daily.

This began in August and still continues, even this very evening. Since moving a week and a half ago, I've thanked the Lord for the technology of skype (for those who don't know, its a program where you can video call/chat for free). Last Wednesday and tonight I've skyped with my girls, sharing about my new life and getting updates on theirs. The two conversations were very different, one mostly teary and the other in laughter. We all look forward to Wednesdays. Sometimes its a relief just to get there.

So there you have it. If you had told me that I would be this close to Megan, Ashleigh and Jaye a year ago, I would have looked at you really funny. I probably would have told you, "I don't think you realize who you are talking about." But I'm so thankful for the grace and love of the Lord, because it is from out of that, that I have these precious friends. We won't always be accountability or prayer partners, and we know that. But I think I can say for the four of us, we are so thankful that our paths have crossed in the way that they have, even for what seemed like a short time.

 My A-team

Myself, Ashleigh, Megan, and Jaye
Love you girls!

1 comment: