Clementine

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Last few weeks

Lots of different things have happened since I last wrote. So I'll hit the highlights and try not to be long winded....

-Easter was a busy, but had a wonderful day celebrating a risen Savior and reaching out to some visitors with a preschool Easter egg hunt during Sunday School. The rest of the day, I spent time with a couple of families from church.


-A couple of days later, I took a little trip down to Valdosta, Georgia. The church has a connection with college pastor there and I was able to give a plug to his college students about helping us with our VBS and camp this summer. I was also able to meet our girl intern for the summer, Becky. She moves to Albany next Saturday until the end of July, and I'm excited to have her around!


-The same night I went to Valdosta, tornados hit my hometown. I was in touch with my parents throughout the day, and my brother called right after he and my dad watched a LARGE tornado touch down. I've praised the Lord several times since, because my family is safe and their home untouched. It took almost a week, but they finally received power, and my siblings are headed back to school. From what I heard, and the few pictures I've seen, it will take some time before things are back to normal. Many have lost homes and are continuing to pick up the pieces.


- A guest house (owned by one of the pastors) opened up, and I was able to move this past week! There's a little bit more space and a kitchen :). I'm pumped to say the least, and so very grateful for the Aldermans' letting me stay with them as long as I did. Still getting settled, and trying to wrap my mind around making a grocery list for the first time in months. Let's hope I remember!


-Thursday, I took my first vacation day, and took off to Mobile for a few days. It was my first trip back, and it was so good to see so many people and let them know about my new life. I shopped, ate, hung out with people, and ate. O, and I ate. (I love Albany, but it is lacking in the restaurant choices). Got some good quality time in with some college friends, talking about jobs, families, school, and possible marriages/children (not for me, for them :) ). 

The rest of May is jam packed:
  • Parent/Child dedication tomorrow, with PM service out at the sports park. 
  • VBS meetings and prep.
  • Interns move-in.
  • Trip to Demopolis, AL to be in my dear friend, Codi's wedding.
  • Trip home to see my brother, Samuel, graduate from high school.
  • PM service at Sports Park, Kid's Rock style, May 29th. 
Whew...good thing I like being busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment