Clementine

Friday, May 13, 2011

Goin' on a Bear Hunt with Josiah

Most of you know, but for those who don't, my baby brother Josiah has Down syndrome. The last three and a half years have changed my family, but all for the better, since his arrival. Every time I visit my family he seems to making strides in his development, in some way. In February, I went home for a quick visit and proceeded to read a book that has been read to him a million times. But to my complete joy and amazement, when I read it to him on this visit, he was WAY more into the story.
Watch and see...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9db-x1ih_4&feature=youtu.be

Since then I have seen Josiah again when my family visited Albany. On that visit, my sweet brother looked me in the eye, waved, and clearly said, "bye". I literally almost cried!

Josiah is a great reminder that our God is faithful, and He has a purpose for every life. I truly believe we will all stand in amazement as we watch the Lord use Josiah and his life. And, honestly, I look forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment