Clementine

Friday, August 12, 2011

Well hey there...

To say that a lot has happened since my last post, would be the understatement of the year. My mind works in lists and bullet points, so here's the skinny on the rest of my summer....

-Freedom Frestival: church event for the 4th of July as an outreach to the community. Had a great turnout, good friends from Mobile in town, AND got to pray with a little girl to receive Christ!

-5th Grade Mission Trip: took 12 5th graders to St. Simons Island for a 2 day mission trip. We prayer walked, and hosted a movie night. It was awesome to see the kids, some for the first time,  start to "get" serving, learning how to live mission-minded, and about how things are not about ourselves. 




-Camp Topadarok: Next up we had kids camp for completed 3rd-5th graders. The best part: Samuel, John, and James came down to be a part! Samuel was a staffer, while John and James were campers. So cool to see them hang out and have fun with kids I spend so much time with each week. We had  a great staff and chaperones who extended grace to this girl, the new camp director. Overall we had 2 children accept Christ and MANY experience conviction and reevaluated things in their life. 


Unfortunately, this is the only picture I got of the four of us. But still a good looking bunch :)


-Said good-bye to two AMAZING interns. Becky and James where more help this summer than I can express. Not only had great help, but came away with incredible friendships. 


Intern Becky on her Birthday! LOVE her!!


So there you have it. Lots of firsts for me, and crazy busy but I wouldn't have it any other way. The Lord continues to reveal His strength and power to me as He uses me in Albany. 


However, I'm pretty sure, had I not slowed down, Mom was coming after me (love you Momma!).

Headed out tomorrow for a seven day mission trip to Honduras. Pray as our team serves and works in medical clinics to reach the mountain people.

No comments:

Post a Comment