Clementine

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Light construction & LOTS of Painting

I know, I know... its almost been a month since I blogged. But I have a very good reason (and pictures!) for my absence. 

For the last month, we been getting ready to kick off a whole new kind of program for Kid's Rock on Sunday nights. It is based off of KidStuf created by North Point Community Church in Atlanta, and done by several other churches. I was actually able to be a part of First Baptist North Mobile's version, KidGrid, while I lived in Mobile. So new programing means, a new set! We completely changed our Kid's Rock Theater to face another direction as the "front", and created our set to look like a clubhouse! Here are some pictures...

Before/Beginning to tear down...
Moving the staging around a little bit...
Now, A LOT happened between this picture and the next. 
(I'm still working on the whole documenting thing with pictures.)

Final product:


 
 
Cool, huh? Let's just say, a lot of painting happened over the course of 3 weeks. The Little Rascals ain't got nothin' on our clubhouse.

So, the new and improved Kid's Rock debuted this past Sunday night and it was great! We have middle and high school students and adults helping us with new music, skits, and we even have a couple of funny hosts. The kids seem pretty pumped about it, or at least warming up to it.

In other news, my family is coming to visit this weekend , and I am so excited! Mom and Dad are coming with my 5 youngest siblings tomorrow, and staying until Monday. So be expectant of a blog about the first ever family visit to Albany. Its bound to be interesting or comical or both!

No comments:

Post a Comment